Reasons to pick AWS as your Cloud Computing Partner
Life before cloud storage and cloud computing is a lot like life before electricity – dark!
Cloud computing has given users the ability to share and access files remotely without access to their local storage systems and transform the data. This has opened up many doors, especially for the IT products & services industry. Cloud computing takes all the heavy work involved in processing data away from the device you carry around.
Leading with 32% of the world’s IaaS + PaaS + SaaS cloud market share, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader.
Launched in 2006 by Amazon, built to handle its online retail operations, AWS was one of the first companies to introduce a pay-as-you-go cloud computing model that scales to provide users with compute, storage, or throughput as needed.
AWS offers a lot of different tools and solutions for enterprises and software developers that can be used in data centers in up to 245 countries and territories and has customers including 5000 ed-tech institutions and 2000 government organizations. Many companies like ESPN, Adobe, Twitter, Netflix, Facebook, BBC, etc., use AWS services.
AWS offers over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally.
Some of the most used AWS services:
1. Compute Service
These services help developers build, deploy, and scale an application in the cloud platform.
- It is a web service that allows developers to rent virtual machines and automatically scales the compute capacity when required.
- It offers various instance types to developers so that they can choose required resources such as CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity based on their application requirements.
- It is a server-less compute service. It is also responsible for executing code for applications.
- It helps you execute a program without the hassle of managing servers.
- AWS provides web data storage service for archiving data.
- Also, its primary advantage is disaster data recovery with high durability.
- It is an open cloud-based storage service that is utilized for online data backup.
- Amazon S3 provides storage through a web services interface and is designed for developers where web-scale computing can be easier for them.
- It provides a high availability storage volume for persistent data. It is mainly used by Amazon EC2 instances.
- EBS volumes are used explicitly for primary storage such as file storage, database storage, and block-level storage.
AWS database domain service offers cost-efficient, highly secure, and scalable database instances in the cloud.
- It is a flexible NoSQL database service that offers fast and reliable performance with no scalability issues.
- It is a multi-region and durable database with instant built-in security, backup and restores features.
- It is a managed distributed relational database cloud service that helps developers to operate and scale a database in a simple manner.
- We launched it to simplify the setup, operation, and scaling process for developers while accessing a relational database.
3. Networking and Delivery of Content
It offers a highly secure cloud platform and connects your physical network to your private VN with a high transfer speed.
- It helps a developer to deploy AWS resources, such as Amazon EC2 instances into a private virtual cloud.
- It gives you control over the complete cloud network environment, including the section of your IP address range, subnets, route table configuration, and network gateways.
- With this, developers can both IPv4 and IPv6 at a time for your resources in a highly secure environment.
- It is a web service with a highly available Domain Name System (DNS) that helps users to route software by translating the text into an IP address.
- We launched it for developers to provide them a cost-effective method of routing end users to cloud applications.
4. Developer Tools
It helps a user build, deploy, and run an application source code automatically. It also updates the server and instance on the workload.
It is a service designed to manage application development in a single place. Here, developers can quickly develop, build and deploy applications on AWS
- This removes the hassle of managing physical servers and helps developers build and test code with continuous scaling.
- In simple words, it compiles your code, executes unit tests, and gives output artifacts that are ready to deploy.
5. Security, Identity & Compliance
It helps in monitoring a safe environment for your AWS resources by providing limited access to specific users.
- Identity Access Management is a framework that helps in maintaining access to AWS services in a secure way.
- The service gives you Shared access to your AWS account and Secure access to AWS services that run on the AWS EC2 application.
- It enables users to create and manage the encryption keys that are used for encrypting data.
- The service includes a key generation method where digital sign within your applications becomes easier.
6. Management Tools
Using this service, an individual can optimize costs, minimize risks, and automate all the resources running efficiently on the AWS infrastructure.
- It is a monitoring tool for AWS resources and customer applications running on the AWS platform.
- The service helps you gather and access all your operational data in the form of logs from a single interface.
- This service helps you in monitoring all your AWS resources in one place so that you can spend minimum time managing those resources and maximum time developing applications.
- It allows developers to manage their cloud infrastructure either in a text file or a template.
Analytics has been a primary source of growth for businesses. Data is always valued as it gives valuable information. Customers need a fast and scalable system to handle a big amount of data and provide useful insights.
Provides the Hadoop framework to process big data.
Helps in analyzing real-time streaming data.
AWS Data Pipeline and Glue:
Provides pipeline structures schedule data load and processing.
Blockchain is the new technology that helps customers work with multiple parties to maintain a verified transaction record.
Amazon Managed Blockchain
Creates and manages a blockchain network.
Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB)
Offers a fully managed ledger database to maintain transactions.
9. Machine Learning
AWS offers a wide range of services and pre-defined models for AI.
- Provides services to quickly build, train and deploy models at a big scale.
- It also supports custom model building.
- Used to analyse images and videos.
- Offers ML service for speech recognition, language translation, chatbots, and many other scenarios, with high speed and scalability.
Advantages of AWS
- Cost Savings: With AWS, companies pay for what they use. There are no hidden cost or price to be paid upfront to build a storage system and no need to estimate usage. AWS users only what they need and their costs are scaled accordingly.
- Scalable and Adaptable: AWS provides all the necessary tools for companies and developers to start up with cloud storage. For existing companies, AWS provides low price and affordable migration services so that your existing infrastructure can be seamlessly moved over to AWS.
- Security and Reliability: AWSs is significantly more secure than a company hosting its own website or storage. The dozens of AWS data centers across the globe are continuously monitored and maintained using stringent measures. The diverse data centers ensure that a disaster striking at one of its places doesn’t cause permanent data loss globally. AWS has tried to keep its data centers as hidden as possible, so the data centers and data are safe from intrusions. Any outages and potential attacks can be quickly identified and easily remedied, 24 hours a day by the AWS team.
- Ease of Use: AWS is easy to use. Companies using AWS services can swiftly deploy and host applications, create fresh applications or migrate existing applications.
- Global Availability: AWS has 81 availability zones within 25 worldwide geographic regions in which its servers are located. All serviced regions are split in order to allow users to set geographical limits on their services and also to provide security by diversifying the physical locations in which data is stored.
As more services move into cloud based services, Healthcare, Financial markets and other industries become more dependent on these technologies. Fortunately, Amazon Web Services has released – and continues to develop – easy and scalable solutions to deploy and manage web applications in the cloud. The future is bright and cloud services have a silver lining.
Revyrie Global has been providing AWS-based services to our plethora of customers. Contact us today to find out more about how we can move your product or service to the cloud.